Sunday 11 August 2013

A to Z Survey


 Jamie at The Perpetual Page Turner created this fun A to Z survey. It looked like a lot of fun so I decided to play along. 

Author you’ve read the most books from:
According to Goodreads the authors I have read the most books by are Cassandra Clare and Ally Carter

Best Sequel Ever:
Siege and Strom by Leigh Bardugo. I love the Grisha books. They are so wonderfully complex and addictive. Added bonus you get The Darkling, Sturmhond and Mal.

Currently Reading:
Earthbound by Aprilynne Pike

Drink of Choice While Reading:
Tea. I love drinking tea, especially peppermint tea.

E-reader or Physical Book?
Both. I love my Kindle. It’s so easy to carry around and you can get a book instantaneously, but I also love the feel of a book. I also love the typography of physical books.

Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Actually Dated In High School:
Oliver from The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight.

Glad You Gave This Book A Chance:
The Gathering Strom by Robin Bridges.

Hidden Gem Book:
Degrees of Wrong by Anna Scarlet. I love all the snark in this book.

Important Moment in your Reading Life:
The day I got and finished reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. The end of a series that was such a big part of my childhood.

Just Finished:
For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund.

Kinds of Books You Won’t Read:
I try and read as many genres as possible. There are not a lot of books I won’t at least attempt to read but I will never read erotica.

Longest Book You’ve Read:
The longest book I have read is A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin with approximatly 760 pages. This series is massive and I need to get around to finishing it. I keep putting them off because the books are so big and need a big commitment to get thorough them.

Major book hangover because of:
Siege and Strom by Leigh Bardugo and The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

Number of Bookcases You Own:
Two small bookcases, but I need to get more as I am running out of room.

One Book You Have Read Multiple Times:
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. I try to read this book at least once a year.

Preferred Place To Read:
On my bed or in a comfy chair by the window.

Quote that inspires you/gives you all the feels from a book you’ve read:
“My thoughts are stars that I cannot fathom into constellations” The Fault in Our Stars by John Green.

Reading Regret:
That it took me so long to read The Fault in Our Stars. I kept hearing what a great book it was but I was reluctant to read it because of all the emotions in that book. I did not want to read a sad book. So glad that I finally read it because it just blew me away.

Series You Started And Need To Finish (all books are out in series):
The Curse Workers series by Holly Black. I loved White Cat and now I just need to get around to reading the others.

Three of your All-Time Favorite Books:
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, The Harry Potter Series and The Time Travelers Wife by Audrey Niffenegger.

Unapologetic Fangirl For:
The Iron Fey Series by Julie Kagawa. I cannot wait to read The Iron Traitor

Very Excited For This Release More Than All The Others:
There are so many books that I want in my hands. If I had to pick just one I would have to go with Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo.  Just wondering which book gods I would need to pray to, in order to get more Sturmhond.

Worst Bookish Habit:
I have a tendency to dog-ear pages on books that I am reading. I have a set of lovely bookmarks now, so I have been cutting back on turning the pages down. I also always carry a book on my person usually in my purse, so the books sometimes tend to get a little beaten up.

X Marks The Spot: Start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book:
This is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith.

Your latest book purchase:
All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill.

ZZZ-snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late):
Crown of Midnight By Sarah J Maas. This book is just phenomenal.

No comments:

Post a Comment